Archive for October 2011
The Annual Halloween Party here at Provo Craft is serious business! Everyone dresses up in their best costumes and brings their families for an afternoon of Halloween fun. From all of us at Provo Craft, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Hello out there, Kristen Swain here with a special Fall treat today! I love love love fall, the colorful leaves which are turning beautifully in our area, and of course all the wonderful seasonal fruits and foods.
I am showing you this “gourd-eous” centerpiece. Wouldn’t you love to show this off at your holiday table? This pumpkin cake is super yummy and perfectly accented with fondant leaves cut using your Cricut Cake Machine. Placed around the pumpkin are some apples and fruits, so you can please those with less of a sweet tooth and those who like to end their meal with a sweet treat.
And the kids will LOVE it too, in fact, mine were clamoring over the cake before I had it finished!!
You can create these varigated leaves using several colors of fondant. First, I colored several pieces of fondant with Autumn colors. Next, I grouped several different colors next to each other on my Cricut Cake mat.
After this, I rolled the dough out, creating a single piece.
Now you are ready to place the piece in the machine for cutting.
Continue using the same dough, picking it up after cutting, then adding more bits of the solid colored fondant to it, and then re-rolling and cutting again.
This is what the leaves will look like, using the blended fondant.
To create the cake, I baked two cakes in a bundt pan, turned the bottom cake upside down, and then placed the second cake on top.
I tinted icing a light orange, and then covered my cake, creating the pumpkin shape.
Designed by: Kristen Swain
Cricut Machines Used: Cricut Cake, Gypsy (use Gypsy to hide center cut in oak leaf)
Cricut Cartridges Used: Create a Critter (Maple leaf cut at 3.0 and 3.59 inches), Doodlecharms (Oak leaf cut at 3.69 inches)
Other Supplies: Fondant
What You’ll Need
Cricut Cake Seasonal Sampler cartridge
Rivets for snaps
How to Make It
- Select two 12″ x 12″ sheets of cardstock to be the base of the layout. Cut out hills by hand and glue to bottom of layout.
- Cut the tree form the Cindy Loo cartridge at 11.25″ tall. Glue layers together and put on the right page.
- Cut the onesie from the Everday Pop-Up Cards cartridge. Layer the pieces together. Create a clothesline from ribbon and wood. Glue the onesie and clothesline to the left page. Glue the rivets, button, and ribbon (tied into a bow) to the onesie.
- Cut circles at 4.35″, 4.1″ and 4″ from the Art Philosophy cartridge. Glue them together and then to the onesie.
- Cut 0.5″ letters to spell BABY SHOWER from the Keystone cartridge. Glue letters around the inside of the smallest circle
- Cut a 1″ airplane from the B is for Boy cartridge. Glue it inside the smallest circle.
- Cut several 1″ leaves from the Flower Shoppe cartridge. Glue them across the layouts as desired.
- Cut a 1″ rattle from the Cake Seasonal Sampler cartridge. Glue it to the layout near the onesie.
- Cut a 3.5″ fox from the Give a Hoot cartridge. Layer the pieces together. Glue the fox to the page with the tree.
- Cut a 5.5″ deer and a 5.5″ mirror image bunny from the Noah’s ABC Animals cartridge. Layer the pieces together. Glue the deer to the page with the onesie and the bunny to the page with the tree.
Like what you see? Check out more projects just like this at www.Cricut.com/Create