Posts Tagged ‘Slumber Party Lite’
Start the school year off right by letting your child’s teacher know that you treasure the time they take to teach your children, by sending a cute notecard set made with your Cricut machine. Check out the set Charity Hassel made below!
I really wanted all the elements of my card set to work together. So, I decided to use my Cricut to cut my card, envelope and image for my cards. A simple little touch for your envelope is to add a square of patterned paper to the inside of the card — I used an ABC patterned paper for the inside of my envelopes.
Another way I added depth to my image was by inking the edges of the stacked books as well as one side of the apple.
The stacked books was cut, then I cut out the apple from the top of the image. I glued the book cuts together, wrapped the books with twine and tied a knot. I kept the knot in place with a tiny glue dot underneath. Then, I used two pop dots and adhered my apple to the top of the stack!
Here’s hoping my son’s teacher will enjoy her pre-made, hand crafted notecards!
Designed by: Charity Hassel
Cricut Machines Used: Cricut Expression
Cricut Cartridges Used: Lite Slumber Party, Lite Recess
Other Supplies: Cardstock (Bazzill), Patterned Papers (Fance Pants Designs), Twine, Ink (Close to My Heart)
(The amount of cuts you use will be equal to how many cards you wish to make for your notecard set)
- 4 cuts at 4″ <card1> from brown cardstock
- 4 cuts at 4 and 1/2″ <layer> <card1> from red cardstock (this is your envelope- I cut it slightly larger than my card)
- 2 cuts at 4 and 1/2″ <card1> from apple patterned paper. Cut this in half- I used these squares to cover the front of my envelope.
- 2 cuts at 4 and 1/4″ <card1> from abc patterned paper. Cut this in half- use this to cover the inside of your envelope.
- 4 cuts at 3″ <books> from white dotted patterned paper.
- 4 cuts at 3″ <shift> <books> from green cardstock.
- 4 cuts at 3″ <layer> <books> from gingham patterned paper.
- 4 cuts at 3″ <shift> <layer> <books> from red paper.